WEST INDIAN AMERICAN DAY
on the Eastern Parkway
1. Bands without a permit from the WIADCA will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
2. Each float/truck driver must be the holder of a valid driverís license and a current registration for said vehicle.
3. Band leaders must ensure the safety of their band members during their participation on the parade route.
4. Band leaders must restrict the participation of mom-masqueraders.
5. No float/truck will be allowed to enter the parade without proper insurance (for that day) for said float.
6. All floats/trucks in the parade must have a current/valid insurance certificate clearly displayed at the front 9 inside the cab) of such vehicle. (Police officers will remove all vehicles that do not have insurance certificates clearly displayed.)
7. Each vehicle must be insured separately. Each vehicle taking part in the parade must have one-day insurance policy naming the WIADCA as co-insured.
8. Each vehicle must be registered one (1) week in advance with the association at 1188 President St., Brooklyn, New York.
9. Band leaders should be prepared to present their permit to the police or any authorized member of the WIADCA upon request.
10. Vehicles are to display thereon only those banners which have been pre-approved/authorized by the WIADCA.
11. As per DOT regulations, the height of floats/trucks (measured from street level to top) must not exceed 15 feet.
12. Band leaders are allowed a maximum of two (2) vehicles on the parkway during the parade.
1. All floats/trucks MUST have wheel guards on rear wheels.
2. No one other than the DJís helpers, artists, singers, etc. should be allowed to ride on the float/truck.
3. Band leaders and/or drivers who encourage anyone to ride on the side of their float/truck will be held responsible for any injuries caused by such action.
4. WIADCA will not be responsible for any injuries caused by parade vehicles off the parkway after the parade.
CHILDRENíS SAFETY RULES
1. Children should not be allowed to ride on floats/trucks while on parade route, and band leaders and truck drivers are to continuously enforce such rule.
2. Parents and guardians are reminded to have their children wear some form of identification bearing their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
3. Children should not be unsupervised.
4. Children should not be allowed to use public conveniences unless they are accompanied by an adult.
5. Children should be reminded that they should not accept food or drinks from strangers.
6. Children should not be placed on any float./truck or any vehicle on the parkway during the parade.
LEADERS WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL INJURIES CAUSED BY THEIR FAILURE TO
COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE SAFETY RULES.
Home Page (restores frame menu)
Questions or comments? email the webmaster@ carnaval.com